What is ATS2020
Assessment of Transversal Skills 2020 (ATS2020) is an innovative policy experimentation project co-funded by the European Commission. The ATS2020 project is comprised of 17 partners from 11 EU countries. ATS2020 provides a comprehensive learning model for the enhancement of student indispensable transversal skills within curricula and offers new approaches and innovative tools to teachers for the development and assessment of these skills.
ATS2020 aims to provide teachers and students with an innovative learning model which supports the development and assessment of transversal skills embedded in teaching and learning. This model will be implemented and evaluated as part of a large-scale classroom pilot project leading to policy recommendations at both national and European levels.
Key project steps
- Design and develop the ATS2020 Transversal Skills Framework with a focus on key transversal skills
- Develop the ATS2020 platform and technology tools
- Design a continuous professional development programme for teachers
- Train and support teachers in pilot implementation
- Develop a pre- and post-pilot testing and evaluation
- Create a repository of innovative learning scenarios
- Provide a comprehensive evaluation report and policy recommendations
Transversal Skills Framework